A very warm welcome to the Holdenhurst Road Surgery
At Holdenhurst Road Surgery in Bournemouth we take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information. We want you to get the most appropriate treatment and receive the care you need. Please help us to help you make the very best use of NHS services. There are many minor injuries, ailments or medical conditions that can be treated at your Doctors surgery and without the need for you to go to hospital. Please have a look around our website; your feedback helps us to improve so please tell us what you think.
Exciting News for East and Central Bournemouth Patients!
We are delighted to advise you of our intention for Shelley Manor Medical Centre and Holdenhurst Road Surgery to merge from 1st of January 2017 to become…
Shelley Manor and Holdenhurst Road Medical Centre
Please visit the 'Practice Merger' tab in 'futher Information' above for more details. We really value your feedback, please complete our online survey here or pick up a paper copy from the surgery.
Holdenhurst Road underwent a comprehensive inspection on 5th April 2016 - we are very pleased and proud to advise that the report found us to be 'GOOD' in every aspect of the service we offer. Please see the attached report or visit the CQC website at http://www.cqc.org.uk
CQC Full Report 2016
Friends and Family
Take our friends and family test here
We are now able to offer our patients the ability to have their presecriptions issued electronically to the Pharmacy of their choice. This will mean you can go directly to the Pharmacy to collect your prescription without the need to first collect a paper copy from the Surgery. The attached leaflet explains this in more detail but if you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact your chosen Pharmcy or the Surgery. For more information click here
MAKING GOOD USE OF NHS SERVICES
Don't go to the hospital Emergency Department (ED) unless you are advised to or have a serious or life-threatening condition
Did you know, lots of conditions can be treated yourself or by your GP Surgery?
Always contact your GP Surgery first - If we are closed and you have a problem or just need some advice - call the Out of Hours Service on 111
If you need a referral to hospital, the GP arranges this for you - not the hospital
CALL US ON 01202 587111
MAKING APPROPRIATE USE OF GP SERVICES
The Doctors at Holdenhurst Road work extremely hard; most are here for 10+ hours a day and as a general rule will have anything from 40 to 70 patient contacts during their day. Please help them to help you.
Some interesting statistics have been published by the GPC of Northern Ireland [Feb 2015] on GP workload data.
This looks at data for 2013/4 compared to 2003/4:-
1. Consultation rates have increased by 63%
2. Acute prescriptions rates have increased by 28%
3. Repeat prescription rates have increased by 41%
4. Lab tests results have increased by 216%
5. GP Administrative work has increased by 115%
6. Total patient contacts have increased by 66%
This would mean, on an average day, a GP would expect to have:
47 consultations (inc home visits and telephone consultations),
- deal with 35 lab results, and
- "sign" 172 prescriptions.
Please try and help by observing a few of the following points:
- Please do not ask for immediate or urgent appointments for something that can safely wait or is of a non-urgent nature
- Before contacting the Doctors, please consider contacting the local Pharmacy for advice or over the counter medicine for minor ailments of refer to the section later in this book
- If you cannot make your appointment please tell us so it can offered to someone else
- Please understand that immediate clinical care will always come before requests for forms etc to be completed.
- Please appreciate that the Doctors have to prioritise the work they do and they will deal with your request as and when using their clinical judgement it is appropriate and as soon as they possibly can.
Did you know you can now have......
Online access to view a summary of your medical record. Ask Reception for a password
(Site updated 25/08/2016)