Important - New Prescription System
We have changed our prescription system. You will need to be registered with the new system, SystmOnline*click here to order your prescription.
You will not be able to order your prescription using the old method and will need to register with SystmOnline*
* PLEASE NOTE: To register with SystmOnline please contact the surgery in person for your log on details or send a representative to the surgery with a signed consent form. (Bring along some form of identification).
REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS – 48 Hours needed
Our repeat prescription system is computerised. Along with your prescription, you will receive a tear-off counterfoil of the medication being issued. These will be processed within 48 hours and there are a number of ways that you can request a repeat prescription.
- You can return this tear-off counterfoil to the surgery with the items required clearly marked with a tick. This can be handed in at our reception desk or placed in the ‘repeat prescription’ post box that is located in the surgery waiting area.
- You can post your request to the surgery and it will be processed within 48 hours of receipt.
- You can request a repeat prescription from the website; these requests are picked up daily by the reception staff.
- It may be possible for you to make arrangements with your local Pharmacist to deliver you request to us and also to collect it for you. Please speak with your Pharmacist to see if this service is available.
- If you do not have, or cannot find your tear-off slip from previous prescriptions, do not worry. Either write the details onto a slip of paper or come in to the surgery and completed a ‘Repeat Prescription Request’ form.
Please note that in all cases, if you wish your prescription to be posted back to you, a SAE must be supplied. If there is a genuine reason for needing a repeat prescription urgently, please let us know and we will do our best to provide it for you.
We would ask you to appreciate that, for reasons of patient safety, we cannot accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone. This ensures that errors are not made through mispronunciation or incorrect spelling of the medication(s) required.
REPEAT DISPENSING - Available only for some Patients/Medicines
How convenient would it be if you were able to come to the doctors once and collect enough prescriptions to last up to one year?
It is not appropriate for everyone; this service is available to some of our patients but only under certain circumstances.
You need to…
- Be on one or two long-term regular medicines
- Be stable on this medication e.g. it doesn’t need regularly changing
- Use the same Pharmacist to collect your medicine
- Have your Doctors agreement to join this scheme
How it works…
- Ask your prescriber e.g. Doctor or Nurse if this system is suitable for you
- Sign a consent form
- Tell us which Pharmacy you are using
- The prescriber then gives you an Authorisation prescription and a quantity of Repeat Dispensing prescriptions
- Take these to your regular Pharmacist for them to look after for you – this is important so that you do not lose the prescriptions
- Each time you need more medicine – you simply go to your pharmacist to collect more
- When you have used the last issued repeat dispensing prescription – make an appointment to come back and see the doctor for the next batch
If you have any further questions about Repeat Dispensing – please ask us